Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Thing #9 - Exploring RSS Feeds

So far, I am finding the keyword search on Google Reader the easiest way to add feeds. Feedster appears to have died, I cannot get it to come up. Currently I probably subscribe to too many feeds. If I go a few days without checking it, I'll have 1000+ posts. Some of the blogs I follow are very prolific. When I have too many posts to read, I usually resort to the "Mark all items as read" button for some of my categories. One thing I enjoy about Google Reader is something that a co-worker pointed out to me. You can click "show details" for any feed you subscribe to and Google will show you how many people are subscribed to that feed and gives you the average posts per week. So, if you subscribe to your own blog, you can see how many other people are following your blog. I think that is spiffy.

No comments:

Followers